Wednesday, January 6, 2016

#22 - Disco Dance Party deserves a great Disco look!

Last week I attended a Disco music set by one of my favorite DJs and good friend, DJ Star (Starman2k7 Randt). I showed up and he and his host were all dressed up in Disco outfits with afros and all that! I had seen the notice but I'd been so busy with RL family and blogging in between so I forgot to get an outfit together so when I showed up I was in one of my blogging outfits. Sure, not everyone shows up all dressed up and I've not been to a themed party in soooo long. But I felt so out of place until the beat hit me! LOL. But still I wanted to dress up too, so when I found out Part 2 of the Disco set was today, I had to get in costume and join the fun! Here is the result and it was perty cheap! And I cheated a little with my own stuff! I can't believe I did not have any disco clothing in my inventory!

I cheated by wearing some slink heels I already had so they weren't in theme but they matched! And the flexi at the bottom of the outfit hid them anyway. There was no one there looking at my shoes! The Fro and the outfit was perfect! And it only cost me $45 Lindens! Outfit - Shoes (which I did not use) - Jewelry - Earrings (not worn) AND the Afro where included! There are a few things I didn't wear from the outfit trying to make it as I liked it. And this was the end result! I love it! I ended up partying in it later at an R&B club too... totally out of character there but I liked it that much! LOL. So, I had to share it here too! 
Kickin' it @ "The Dish"
Yup, I had dances to match the theme too. I kept digging and I found more than I knew I had so I must have done this before sometime that I've forgotten! Hope you get the chance to hear this DJ if you like R&B, Funk and Ol' Skool music, he loves to play that and on Tuesdays at 2 pm SLT, its on at The Dish with DJ Star! Next week, its Funk music! Inworld he is Starman Randt.
DJ Star and more club goers at "The Dish"
And here is what you see me wearing:
Outfit: Disco Dancing Retro Costume by Costume Creations
Shoes: !TLB - Lexi Slink High Heels/Plum
Abs: {Meghindo's} Free Gift - Washboard Abs Tattoo
Eye Make Up: :::Sn@tch Temptress Gothic Eye Makeup:::Purple
Lipstick: .:SF:. "Rhapsody" Lip Color - PVB Pack (PVB 01) - We <3 Role Play Event

And this you can't see but here they are anyway!
Earrings: *MC* Gypsy Beads Earrings #Black Purple
Nails: [:Rad Designz:] Slink Rockin Retro Nails

And you can find DJ Star's (Starman2k7 Randt) fan group in my profile group list if you want to follow him and catch his future sets! Those links will not work here...so I have not included them.

More pics on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment